Applying for your SCONUL card.
You should have had your registration papers. You should now be able to get a student card, to do this ensure you have:
- Signed and returned your registration papers
- Send a passport sized photograph (if you have already done this - good)
You will also have received a student ID number and a library ID number (this is your student ID with a 0 (zero) in front of it. Now you can apply for SCONUL access.
Go to the SCONUL website at: http://www.sconul.ac.uk/ (opens in a new window)
- Click on SCONUL access
- Choose "full-time postgraduate" from the 'kind of user' list
- Choose "University of Hull" from the 'name of your institution' (under H)
- Choose an institution you would like access to
- Click on 'apply for access'
- Fill in the details
This should generate an e-mail which you then need to take to the institution's library you want to access.
Going to the partner institution
Before going to the partner institution contact their library to check what information / paperwork they require this will be the e-mail (see above) and may include the following:
- Your student ID card
- Another form of identification
- A passport sized photograph
Once you have this the level of access will depend on the partner institution's level of involvement with SCONUL but hopefully you will have:
- Access to the library as a reader
- Access to the library as a borrower
- Access to the e-library